Emergency Contacts

112 is the European emergency phone number, available everywhere in the EU, free of charge.

You can call 112 from fixed and mobile phones to contact any emergency service: an ambulance, the fire brigade or the police. A specially trained operator will answer any 112 call.

*see important information Medical Help in Sauze below

Travel Insurance

When travelling it is always recommended to ensure you have medical travel insurance for any unforeseen circumstances that might arise. It is also recommended to carry a European Health Card if available to you (see below).

When buying daily or weekly ski passes it’s recommended to take out the optional insurance to ensure that if you need medical help on the mountain, some or all of the costs are covered. View the policy below for more details about coverage.

Vialattea Insurance (open in new window)

European Health Card

This provides like-for-like medical treatment across Europe for EU citizens. Always check how this applies to your country.

For travellers from the UK:

From 1 January 2021 you may not be able to use a UK-issued EHIC to access healthcare in Europe. EHICs issued by other European countries are not affected.

Some people can apply for a new UK EHIC that they can continue to use from 1 January 2021. People who can apply for the new card include:

UK students studying in the EU

Some British State Pensioners who live in the EU and their families

Medical Help in Sauze

Sauze d’Oulx has an emergency trauma centre and doctor.

If you have an emergency on the mountains, it is likely that you will, at first, be taken to the Sauze Trauma Centre. This is a private emergency clinic in the village. You will have to pay for treatment given here. If you are subsequently taken to Susa Hospital or one of the hospitals in Turin, treatment should be paid for if you have an EHIC card. Always check with your country’s healthcare providers.

Dentistry & Hospitals

In case of an emergency (general or dental) while on holiday in Italy visit your nearest SSN hospital or any Guardia Medica, which offers an after-hours First Aid Service. Make sure you have your EHIC card with you.

Italy treats dentistry as a specialist treatment. You’ll need to be referred by a doctor for any hospital or dental treatment. Make sure you are referred to a public hospital, that you have a valid EHIC or SSN medical card and double-check you are not treated as a private patient.

Hospital or dental treatments are not necessarily free of charge and you may be asked to make a patient co-payment.


You can take your prescription to any pharmacy (farmacia) in Italy. They can be identified by a green cross. Prescriptions are generally not free and you are expected to make a co-payment towards it. However, some medicines are considered ‘life-savers’ and those are free of charge. Others are not covered by the SSN and you will have to pay the full costs for those.

Italian pharmacies are regulated by law, which means you will always find an open pharmacy in your area at night, holidays and Sundays. Each pharmacy displays information about its opening hours and out-of-hours emergency telephone numbers.

Sauze Pharmacy (Farmacia) 
Via Monfol, 17
Tel +39 0122 850203

Sauze Parafarmacia (no prescriptions) 
Via Assietta, 7
Tel +39 0122 858598



Corso Inghilterra, 66 – SUSA
Tel. 0122.621212


Tel. 800.508745  or +39 0122.621212
c/o Polo Sanitario —– C.so Torino, 37 —- OULX

Times available
Night time from 20.00 to 8.00
Saturday, Sunday & bank holidays from 8.00 to 20.00


P.zza III Rgt. Alpini, 2 -Tel. 0122.859602


Pubblica Assistenza –  Private transfers to / from the hospital
TEL. 0122.858159


Telephone 112


Doctors by appointment only

Dott. DALL’AGLIO Emanuele —– Tel. 388.5836977
c/o Ambulatorio Comunale – Via della Torre, 13


Doctors by appointment only

Dott.ssa DI BELLA Sofia —– Tel. 334.1049092
c/o Polo Sanitario —– C.so Torino, 37

Dott. PEJROLO Luca —– Tel. 0122.831624 / 348.7820660
c/o Polo Sanitario —– C.so Torino, 37

Dott.ssa MILETTO Mariella —– Tel. 339.7548091
c/o Polo Sanitario —– C.so Torino, 37

Dott. BONSIGNORE Stefano —– Tel. 375.6305426
c/o Polo Sanitario —– C.so Torino, 37


Bonino – Garbarino – Via Monginevro, 84 OULX
Tel. 0122.830809

Bonino – V.le Cappuccio, 3 BARDONECCHIA
Tel. 0122.980558

Perassi – V.le Einaudi, 35 BARDONECCHIA
Tel. 0122.96076 – 333.7380127

Bava – V.le Bramafam,4 BARDONECCHIA
Tel. 0122.99037

Flecchia Bertoletti – Via Pinerolo, 0 CESANA TORINESE
Tel. 0122.89438


Dr. Giacone
Via Pellousiere, 9 Oulx
Tel +39 0122 831123-333 7827097

Dr. Nervo
Via Montenero, 15 Bardonecchia
Tel +39 0122 999696-338 2757984

For more advice on how to access emergency care in Italy visit the Italian Ministry of Health website.

Useful Italian phrases for medical conditions and body parts can be found here

Please note: the information on this page is intended as guidance only.